AP HEAVY DUTY CENTRIFUGAL PUMP
According to API610/18013709 latest edition, OH2 design
The pumps AP models are overhung, horizontal, center line mounted, single stage, radially split with single or double volute. AP pumps are designed and manufactured fully in compliance with API 610 last edition to meet heavy duty services for onshore and offshore oil and by-product processes or chemical and petrochemical industries. With reference to API (American Petroleum Institute)
standard the AP pumps are OH2 type code and manufactures with various materials as shown in the enclosed table. Special materials are also available to meet customer’s specification as well.
The particular and special design of the pumps grants a very low NPSHr values and the highest possible efficiency. The pumps AP are fully in accordance with API standard and engineered and designed following the 3d procedures. The project of the pumps has been performed by means of FEM (Finite Element Method) in order to verify the stresses on the components at the different conditions of service (pressure and temperature). The result is a high quality product with an impressive reliability. The pumps can also supplied with the latest generation of instruments to keep under control the parameters of service like temperature, pressure, vibration and etc.
Field of application: – Capacity up to 1200 m3/h – Head up to 300 m – Working temperature up to 400 °C – Working pressure up to 50 bar – Speed up to 3600 rpm, suitable for 50 or 60 cycles electric motors.
The AP pump is designed for heavy duty continuous service at medium temperatures and medium pressures in oil refineries, petrochemical and chemical industries, designed and manufactured according to API 610/ISO13709 lasted edition for a compact design and generously sized components make these pumps suitable for the most critical applications. The modular construction system, with identical dimension parts, allows minimum spare inventories, since only four sizes of bearing frames foreseen to cover the complete range of pumps sizes.
AP are single stage single suction radially split casing pumps, centerline, correspond to type OH2 as described in the API 610/ISO 13709 standard.
AP pumps can be manufactured in all the materials combination class and in special alloys for chemically aggressive services.
Applications: Flammable Liquids, Boiler Feed Booster, General Purpose, Gas Industry Service, Gas Scrubbing, Feedwater Booster, Heater Charge, Water, Shutdown Cooling,
Petroleum Distribution, Petrochemical Processing, Petroleum Production and Refining, Offshore, Hydrocarbon Processing, High Temperature Service
Industries: NGL, Miscellaneous Services, Pressurized Water Reactors – Non-safety, Boiling Water Reactors Non-safety, Pressurized Water Reactors – Safety, Boiling Water Reactors Safety, SAGD, Catalytic Cracking, Heavy Oil and Upgrading, Crude Handling and Treatment, Water Handling and Treatment, Delayed Coking, Water Supply and Distribution, Distillation, Gas-to-Liquids, Gas Treatment, Hydrocraking, Hydrotreating, LNG, Logistics and Tank Farm.
design, which ensures radial balance.Pump casing seal is a fully confined, spiral wound metal or O-rings gasket.
1) SUCTION AND DISCHARGE FLANGES are ANSI rating 300. Upon request pumps can be furnished with ANSI 150 or 600 flanges or different standards like UNI, DIN, BS and others.
2) Pressure rating of 40Bar as per API 610 requirements. The PUMP CASING is located at center line to maintain alignment at high temperatures and to minimize the reactions caused by the pipework forces. CASING is radially split with suction and discharge nozzle integrally casted. In order to minimize shaft deflection, seal and bearing failure, wear rings wear, the casing is of double volute design, which ensure radial balance. Pump casing seal is afully confined, spiral wound metal or O-rings gasket.
3) WEAR RINGS are renevable to obtain the original running clearances and efficiency. They are inserted in the casing, cover and impeller positively locked by stainless screws.
4) BEARING HOUSING is made in one piece and has machined pilot fit to pump cover. Double row ball thrust
and single row roller radial bearing are provided. Both radial and thrust bearing are sized to give 25.000 Hours minimum Lh-10 rating life with continuous operation at rated pump conditions.
To allow oil mist lubrication, when required, a 1/4” NPT connection on top of the bearing housing is provided. Bearing are flood oil lubricated. Oil level is maintained by constant level oiler. The Bearing housing is completely water jacketed. (Non-cooled bearing housing also available). The oil chamber is sealed with non-contact labyrinth deflectors as API 610 requirements, up to IP67 mechanical protection.
5) SHAFT deflection is minimized by proper span between bearing, short impeller overhung and large shaft diameter with oversize bearings.
6) CENTERLINE DESIGN to maintain alignment at high temperature and to minimize the reaction caused by the pipework forces.
7) IMPELLER is closed type, single suction design so that head versus capacity curve is stable. A large eye area
insures low NPSHR requirement and reduces cavitation
possibilities. External surfaces are machined. All impellers are statically and dynamically balanced. The impeller has renevable wear rings on both suction and back side and balance holes to minimize axial load.
8) PUMP COVER is aligned by machined pilot fit.
2) Pressure rating of 40Bar as per API 610 requirements. The PUMP CASING is located at center line to maintain alignment at high temperatures and to minimize the reactions caused by the pipework forces. CASING is radially split with suction and discharge nozzle integrally casted. In order to minimize shaft deflection, seal and bearing failure, wear rings wear, the casing is of double volute
9) MECHANICAL SEAL CHAMBER according to API 610 for all API 682 mechanical seal configuration. Cartdridge single or double for all possible combination of flushing and quench plans.